30 March 2016

She caught me ogling at neighbour’s wife



I got back home to find that the house next door had got new tenants. They had moved in during the day, but there was still a lot of furniture outside, and it was getting late. I didn’t even consider helping them out, as my feet continued walking straight towards my house; I am keenly against things that involve manual labour.






But two steps from my door, I heard laughter that could only have come from a beautiful female thing. Then I saw her; very pretty, wearing shorts and lifting boxes. That sight made me forget my extreme exhaustion, I found myself walking to her and offering to help carry furniture. She happily said, ‘oh yes please, thank you very much!. And at that moment, I felt as if I could move rocks for her if she only smiled.






For some reason I couldn’t understand, I reached for the heaviest-looking box. As I tried to convince my back to lift it, I heard another voice, a male voice saying ‘honey, please bring the dinner ware first’. My brain wasn’t too tired to understand the implication of that statement; this beauty here was none other than that man’s wife.






The box was halfway off the ground, and I swear at that moment my back rebelled at this pointless task, and I would have dropped the box involuntarily hadn’t she come over and grabbed the other side, offering to help me carry it into the house. And all this time, she was laughing at something, probably a joke he had told her just before she got out of the house. Inside the house was the guy, laughing as well.






He warmly greeted me, thanked me for helping with the box, and introduced himself and his wife. I mumbled my name, and walked back outside, intending to walk on straight to my door. But hey, I am a civilized being. I stayed and helped with the boxes till the very end, by which time I had realised that no neighbour, however beautiful, even if single and dying to hook up with me, was worth this amount of hard labour. And yet, I didn’t stop noticing how bewitchingly beautiful that woman was, even when sweaty and dusty.






Over the next few weeks, I got to meet my new neighbours usually in the mornings as we all left for work, or at the weekends. And each time I saw her, I fell a little bit more in love with her. There was just no way I could help it, she was not only physically beautiful, she had a good heart and an awesome sense of humour. I don’t know if she noticed me getting crazily attracted to her like an errant locomotive. If she did, it did not affect the way she treated me. I do not know if the husband was aware of my unholy sentiments towards his wife, but he didn’t seem to notice. Which was strange, because I was practically ogled at the chic. He was a good person too. Too bad he was the one married to the woman that was giving me sleepless nights just three weeks of getting to meet her.






Like a wild weed, the feelings grew daily, each time I saw her. I have no idea where this was going to end. I did not see anything good at the end of the tunnel. I was frankly confused about what to do about her. The fact that she lived right under my nose wasn’t helping matters. I even started imagining I could smell her scent in the compound. That’s when I knew I was losing it, with nothing to help me. Until my girlfriend one day caught me staring at my neighbour, and caused such a scene that was the most embarrassing thing I had ever had to live through. The good side was that it snapped me right out of my fixation with my neighbour. Trust a woman to cure you of silliness.






“You shall not covet your neighbour’s house. You shall not covet your neighbour’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour.” – Exodus 20:17






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Support

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.